Beauty haul: Happy Skin Cosmetics

I saw a lot of posts on Instagram about this new line of makeup called Happy Skin, part-owned and endorsed by pro model Rissa Mananquil.  They had a launch party recently, and right after I started seeing blog posts and features, particularly on Jenni Epperson's blog (www.jenniepperson.com).  Was completely taken by the products' suuuper-cute packaging,  all sweet and girly.  So, what's a girl gotta do?  I went right ahead to the neares Plains and Prints store (that's where they sell it) and got myself their bestsellers, so far:

The girl at the counter, who was extremely nice and helpful, told me that their most popular product is the Second Skin Creme (P1199.00), which I imagine is like a better BB cream, followed by the Shut Up and Kiss Me moisturizing lippie (P499.00).  I relented and got the Eye Need a Miracle concealer (P699.00) just so I can have the free pouch (not pictured) which is for purchases of at least P2000.00.  Then I was handed everything in a cute printed cardboard bag with a pink satin ribbon handle.  For a local brand and something that hasn't proven itself yet, medyo mahal ha!  Then again, it's probably meant for a particular target market. 
But I thought the packaging looked familiar, and when I checked online, people were saying that it's a copy of American brand BeneFit Cosmetics.  Patingin nga if gaya-gaya, and this is one of the photos I saw:
photo from www.beautezine.com

Hmmm, medyo pareho nga.  Fun, funky, witty, colorful.  Mismo.  Oh well, I hope it works for the brand, also considering it is being hyped as made with ingredients 'that will make your skin happy', such as hyaluronic acid (you know I like 'em).
Sige, let's try this.  At the store, the silicone-free foundie and the concealer seemed to blend well into my skin and felt fab, but let's seeeeee.  Will update after I've used everything for at least a week.
Sana happy ka nga! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

"It's really hard to walk in a single woman's shoes--that's why you sometimes need really special ones, to make the walk a bit more fun."

- Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Should be making reports and presentations but would rather go shopping in Greenbelt.

At the water cooler

Blogroll

Follow girlnextcubicle on Twitter