Ongoing teleserye: Pangako Sa 'Yo

At nangyari na nga.  After months of nonstop promotion, pinapalabas na ang Pangako Sa ‘Yo ng ABS-CBN, a remake of one of the most popular local teleseryes of all time.
photo from Wikipedia


Two things:  I didn’t see the first (and original) TV series, and I do wonder why, considering the wealth of talent they have in that network, do they have to do a remake and not an original?  Then again, I didn’t factor in the enduring appeal of the extreme storyline (na super fave nating mga Pinoy, aminin), and the massive appeal of KathNiel (that’s Kathryn Bernardo and Daniel Padilla to you, in case you’ve been living under a rock all this time) as Yna Macaspac and Angelo Buenavista.  Kaya naman, eto, I’ve been hooked since episode one.

Partly because I had no idea how the original story went, partly because of over-hype, and partly because of curiosity, I found myself eagerly awaiting every installment.  So much so that I’ve become an avid viewer of this show’s pre-programming, Nathaniel (hindi ako masyadong mahilig sa ganung theme, sorry naman).  Plus ang cute nung bata.  Na crush daw pala ni Lyca Gairanod ng The Voice Kids Season One.

Anyway, nakikita ko naman kung bakit andaming fans ng Kathniel.  Over sa charisma ang dalawang ‘to, lalo na si DJ.  Surprisingly, medyo may maturity na sila sa pag-arte, which I see during Angelo’s (Daniel) scenes with his father, Eduardo (the still so pogi Ian Veneracion), and some of Yna’s (Kathryn) scenes na din.  But really, I watch the show because I can’t wait to see the scenes of Claudia Buenavista (Angelica Panganiban) and Amor Powers (Jodi Sta. Maria), like many viewers.  So far, okay naman acting ni Angelica (si Amor/Jodi is still going through her transformation), but I think she could make it less Banana Split and more One More Try.

Sa support characters, medyo nagsa-standout sa ‘kin si Diego Loyzaga (and not just because he’s cute), but because he’s showing more acting versatility here.  Of course, you can’t beat Amy Austria, Ronnie Lazaro, and Joem Bascon in the acting game.


Right now, I’m all about seeing Amor Powers in action, and see what’s all the fuss about Bea Bianca—I’ve been seeing posts warning the actress (Sarah Carlos) of the wrath of KathNiel fane (apparently pala magkaka-moments sila ni Angelo).  I’m going to sit back and relax, and just wait.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

"It's really hard to walk in a single woman's shoes--that's why you sometimes need really special ones, to make the walk a bit more fun."

- Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Should be making reports and presentations but would rather go shopping in Greenbelt.

At the water cooler

Blogroll

Follow girlnextcubicle on Twitter