What's the secret of the Dormitoryo?

It's a Sunday and normally I catch up on sleep in the afternoons.  Nothing interesting's on TV anyway.  Then I chanced upon GMA's Dormitoryo.


I don't really know much about the actors--I'm only familiar with Lauren Young--so most of them are irrelevant to me.  But then, the story kind of got me hooked.

Sige, admittedly madaming flaws ang show na 'to.  It's obviously 'inspired' by the successful Pretty Little Liars, since almost identical ang level of suspense and theme.  OA ang sound effects and pangit ang scoring.  The supporting actors are so blah, and I'm not saying this because I don't know them.  The boys are not memorable enough and the assistant mean girls are like cardboard--no personality at all.  But I actually like the lead actors, Lauren Young and Joyce Ching, who play the bida and kontrabida, respectively.  I'm sure many will say hindi bagay kay Lauren to be bida because of her sharp features and previous kontrabida roles, and Joyce Ching is not your conventional mean girl, but that's exactly why I like them.  They defy the norm.  If we wanted the same bida and kontrabida look, well, let's just watch old movies and teleseryes, madami na doon.

The story revolves around Hazel Mendoza (Lauren) who just enrolled at Branwood College (medyo pretentious ang name na 'to) and will be living at Holy Spirit Manor, a dormitory.  Before she arrived, a girl from their dorm died, under mysterious circumstances.  So, like in PLL, the dead girl somehow is trying to send Hazel messages by making paramdam.  Of course, the mean girls, led by Airiz de Ocampo (Joyce) are kind of kaduda-duda and hate Hazel.  That's it so far. 

I super love dorm and school stories, and this one might be one of the shows I'll regularly watch.  Promising siya, and sana ma-sustain nila ang pagiging interesting nila kahit na a lot of the elements are not original.  Script and directing OK pa naman so far.  Not as groundbreaking as My Husband's Lover from the same network--this show is more mababaw, intention lang is to be scary and target teenagers--but OK enough for me to watch the next episode.  Watch it, and see if we share the same views. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Watch NEW PINOY MOVIE and LIVE TV here in HD CLICK HERE

download NEW PINOY HD MOVIE application for ANDROID CLICK HERE

download NEW PINOY HD MOVIE application for IOS apple device CLICK HERE

LIKE US ON NEW FB PINOY HD MOVIE UPDATE
ecus

taksaraborn said...

How to make money from playing card games - Work
A poker player plays against a player หารายได้เสริม and 성남 출장안마 puts a card 대전광역 출장샵 on it. But how does a poker 양산 출장마사지 hand work? A poker hand works: A 진주 출장안마 dealer

Anonymous said...

yp946 replica bags designer rg961

Post a Comment

"It's really hard to walk in a single woman's shoes--that's why you sometimes need really special ones, to make the walk a bit more fun."

- Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Should be making reports and presentations but would rather go shopping in Greenbelt.

At the water cooler

Blogroll

Follow girlnextcubicle on Twitter